Maoists beat up women in Jharkhand: Police
Latehar: A group of Maoists severely beat up two women and put a lock on their house after they failed to find a male member of their family at Bhaugadi-Patratu in Latehar district, police said Friday.
Irked by the absence of Rampyare Sao, said to be a local BJP worker, the Maoists last night thrashed the women, who are his family members.
In an FIR, the family claimed that the rebels also locked their house and drove their cattle away before leaving the place.
The Maoists had come searching for Sao on November 12 as well and took the family`s grains after not finding him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur