Maoists beat up women in Jharkhand: Police
Latehar: A group of Maoists severely beat up two women and put a lock on their house after they failed to find a male member of their family at Bhaugadi-Patratu in Latehar district, police said Friday.
Irked by the absence of Rampyare Sao, said to be a local BJP worker, the Maoists last night thrashed the women, who are his family members.
In an FIR, the family claimed that the rebels also locked their house and drove their cattle away before leaving the place.
The Maoists had come searching for Sao on November 12 as well and took the family`s grains after not finding him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports
- 25 injured in fresh clashes in Kashmir, death toll rises to 68