Maoists beat up women in Jharkhand: Police
Latehar: A group of Maoists severely beat up two women and put a lock on their house after they failed to find a male member of their family at Bhaugadi-Patratu in Latehar district, police said Friday.
Irked by the absence of Rampyare Sao, said to be a local BJP worker, the Maoists last night thrashed the women, who are his family members.
In an FIR, the family claimed that the rebels also locked their house and drove their cattle away before leaving the place.
The Maoists had come searching for Sao on November 12 as well and took the family`s grains after not finding him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter