Maoists beat up women in Jharkhand: Police
Latehar: A group of Maoists severely beat up two women and put a lock on their house after they failed to find a male member of their family at Bhaugadi-Patratu in Latehar district, police said Friday.
Irked by the absence of Rampyare Sao, said to be a local BJP worker, the Maoists last night thrashed the women, who are his family members.
In an FIR, the family claimed that the rebels also locked their house and drove their cattle away before leaving the place.
The Maoists had come searching for Sao on November 12 as well and took the family`s grains after not finding him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried