Maoists beat up women in Jharkhand: Police
Latehar: A group of Maoists severely beat up two women and put a lock on their house after they failed to find a male member of their family at Bhaugadi-Patratu in Latehar district, police said Friday.
Irked by the absence of Rampyare Sao, said to be a local BJP worker, the Maoists last night thrashed the women, who are his family members.
In an FIR, the family claimed that the rebels also locked their house and drove their cattle away before leaving the place.
The Maoists had come searching for Sao on November 12 as well and took the family`s grains after not finding him, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown