Maoists blast house of arrested rebel in Jharkhand
Bokaro: Internal rivalry between Maoist insurgents in Jharkhand led them to blow up portions of the under-construction house of a comrade currently in police custody on Saturday.
The incident took place in Bokaro district, where the Maoists allegedly triggered explosions using dynamite, in the house of a fellow zonal commander, Phoolchand Soren alias Prabeel Majhi.
According to local media reports, the cause of the rivalry is a perception that Soren, who is in police custody, staged his arrest in order to distance himself from the insurgency.
Bokaro`s Superintendent of Police, Kuldeep Dwivedi, said that the incident exposed the Maoists as a public nuisance with no regard for ideology.
"This exposes the dual standards of the Maoists. Their internal rivalry proves that today, they have no ideology. They are only troubling the public," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann writes to LS Speaker, seeks probe against PM Modi for jeopardising national security
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand