Maoists blast house of arrested rebel in Jharkhand
Bokaro: Internal rivalry between Maoist insurgents in Jharkhand led them to blow up portions of the under-construction house of a comrade currently in police custody on Saturday.
The incident took place in Bokaro district, where the Maoists allegedly triggered explosions using dynamite, in the house of a fellow zonal commander, Phoolchand Soren alias Prabeel Majhi.
According to local media reports, the cause of the rivalry is a perception that Soren, who is in police custody, staged his arrest in order to distance himself from the insurgency.
Bokaro`s Superintendent of Police, Kuldeep Dwivedi, said that the incident exposed the Maoists as a public nuisance with no regard for ideology.
"This exposes the dual standards of the Maoists. Their internal rivalry proves that today, they have no ideology. They are only troubling the public," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH