Maoists blast house of arrested rebel in Jharkhand
Bokaro: Internal rivalry between Maoist insurgents in Jharkhand led them to blow up portions of the under-construction house of a comrade currently in police custody on Saturday.
The incident took place in Bokaro district, where the Maoists allegedly triggered explosions using dynamite, in the house of a fellow zonal commander, Phoolchand Soren alias Prabeel Majhi.
According to local media reports, the cause of the rivalry is a perception that Soren, who is in police custody, staged his arrest in order to distance himself from the insurgency.
Bokaro`s Superintendent of Police, Kuldeep Dwivedi, said that the incident exposed the Maoists as a public nuisance with no regard for ideology.
"This exposes the dual standards of the Maoists. Their internal rivalry proves that today, they have no ideology. They are only troubling the public," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!