Maoists blast house of arrested rebel in Jharkhand
Bokaro: Internal rivalry between Maoist insurgents in Jharkhand led them to blow up portions of the under-construction house of a comrade currently in police custody on Saturday.
The incident took place in Bokaro district, where the Maoists allegedly triggered explosions using dynamite, in the house of a fellow zonal commander, Phoolchand Soren alias Prabeel Majhi.
According to local media reports, the cause of the rivalry is a perception that Soren, who is in police custody, staged his arrest in order to distance himself from the insurgency.
Bokaro`s Superintendent of Police, Kuldeep Dwivedi, said that the incident exposed the Maoists as a public nuisance with no regard for ideology.
"This exposes the dual standards of the Maoists. Their internal rivalry proves that today, they have no ideology. They are only troubling the public," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city