Maoists blow up new community hall in Jharkhand
Lohardaga: Maoists blew up a community hall which was completed only two months ago in Lohardaga district, Deputy Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Jha said on Sunday.
The rebels reached the hall situated under Pesra block, beat up some people, who were sleeping there, and triggered the blast late last night.
Eighty per cent of the Rs 12 lakh hall was damaged in the explosion, Jha said.
This was the second government building that the Maoists blew up in about a fortnight.
On April 4, the left-wing guerrillas blasted a Rs 15 lakh panchayat bhavan in the district and left a leaflet that said it was a revenge attack following the killing of 10 Maoists in Chatra in the last week of March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7