Maoists blow up new community hall in Jharkhand
Lohardaga: Maoists blew up a community hall which was completed only two months ago in Lohardaga district, Deputy Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Jha said on Sunday.
The rebels reached the hall situated under Pesra block, beat up some people, who were sleeping there, and triggered the blast late last night.
Eighty per cent of the Rs 12 lakh hall was damaged in the explosion, Jha said.
This was the second government building that the Maoists blew up in about a fortnight.
On April 4, the left-wing guerrillas blasted a Rs 15 lakh panchayat bhavan in the district and left a leaflet that said it was a revenge attack following the killing of 10 Maoists in Chatra in the last week of March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16