Maoists blow up new community hall in Jharkhand
Lohardaga: Maoists blew up a community hall which was completed only two months ago in Lohardaga district, Deputy Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Jha said on Sunday.
The rebels reached the hall situated under Pesra block, beat up some people, who were sleeping there, and triggered the blast late last night.
Eighty per cent of the Rs 12 lakh hall was damaged in the explosion, Jha said.
This was the second government building that the Maoists blew up in about a fortnight.
On April 4, the left-wing guerrillas blasted a Rs 15 lakh panchayat bhavan in the district and left a leaflet that said it was a revenge attack following the killing of 10 Maoists in Chatra in the last week of March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days