Maoists blow up new community hall in Jharkhand
Lohardaga: Maoists blew up a community hall which was completed only two months ago in Lohardaga district, Deputy Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar Jha said on Sunday.
The rebels reached the hall situated under Pesra block, beat up some people, who were sleeping there, and triggered the blast late last night.
Eighty per cent of the Rs 12 lakh hall was damaged in the explosion, Jha said.
This was the second government building that the Maoists blew up in about a fortnight.
On April 4, the left-wing guerrillas blasted a Rs 15 lakh panchayat bhavan in the district and left a leaflet that said it was a revenge attack following the killing of 10 Maoists in Chatra in the last week of March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened