Maoists blow up panchayat building in Latehar
Latehar: Maoists blew up a panchayat building in Latehar district, police said on Thursday.
Police said a group of rebels went to Pochara Panchayat, about 100 km from Ranchi, on Wednesday night and blew it up.
The Maoists had killed a policeman, blasted railway tracks, an engine and a mobile tower during the bandh called by them on Wednesday.
The bandh was called to protest against arrest of Maoist cadres in neighbouring Odisha, sentencing of some cadres in Uttar Pradesh and anti-Maoist operations by security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj