Maoists blow up panchayat building in Latehar
Latehar: Maoists blew up a panchayat building in Latehar district, police said on Thursday.
Police said a group of rebels went to Pochara Panchayat, about 100 km from Ranchi, on Wednesday night and blew it up.
The Maoists had killed a policeman, blasted railway tracks, an engine and a mobile tower during the bandh called by them on Wednesday.
The bandh was called to protest against arrest of Maoist cadres in neighbouring Odisha, sentencing of some cadres in Uttar Pradesh and anti-Maoist operations by security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends