Maoists blow up panchayat office in Jharkhand
Lohardaga (Jharkhand): Maoists blew up a panchayat bhavan in Lohardaga district, police said today.
A group of Left ultras reached Siram panchayat on Tuesday night and blew up the panchayat bhavan there, they said.
Security officials recovered a leaflet from the spot which stated it was a revenge attack following the killing of ten Maoists in Chatra last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey