Maoists blow up railway track in Dhanbad
Dhanbad: Maoists blew up a railway track in
Dhanbad rail division, disrupting train services in Jharkhand
as the two-day nationwide bandh called by the banned CPI
(Maoist) entered the second day on Monday.
The Maoists exploded IEDs on the tracks between Nishitpur
and Matari railway stations late Sunday night, according to
Divisional Operative Manager Ved Prakash.
The impact of the explosion also damaged overhead wires,
he said, adding the explosion took place after
Dhanbad-Kharagpur passenger train crossed the tracks around 11
Over 30 trains were stranded at different places with
some being diverted, he said, adding train services were
expected to resume around noon after the repair work.
Divisional Railway Manager Sudhir Kumar and other senior
railway officials have reached the spot
Meanwhile, long distance buses and trucks continued to
stay off the roads to avoid any untoward incidents during the
bandh even as police patrolling was intensified on NH and
other important places, according police sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS