Maoists blow up railway track in Dhanbad
Dhanbad: Maoists blew up a railway track in
Dhanbad rail division, disrupting train services in Jharkhand
as the two-day nationwide bandh called by the banned CPI
(Maoist) entered the second day on Monday.
The Maoists exploded IEDs on the tracks between Nishitpur
and Matari railway stations late Sunday night, according to
Divisional Operative Manager Ved Prakash.
The impact of the explosion also damaged overhead wires,
he said, adding the explosion took place after
Dhanbad-Kharagpur passenger train crossed the tracks around 11
Over 30 trains were stranded at different places with
some being diverted, he said, adding train services were
expected to resume around noon after the repair work.
Divisional Railway Manager Sudhir Kumar and other senior
railway officials have reached the spot
Meanwhile, long distance buses and trucks continued to
stay off the roads to avoid any untoward incidents during the
bandh even as police patrolling was intensified on NH and
other important places, according police sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez