Maoists damage school building in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): Suspected Maoists blew up two newly constructed rooms of a high school at Kurumgarh village in Gumla district in the wee hours on Wednesday, the police said here.
The rebels packed explosives in the two rooms of the school and triggered the blast around 1 am, the sources said.
Teachers and students, who reached the school, were scared to talk about the incident, sources said.
Going by past records, the Maoists resorted to damaging school buildings whenever security forces took shelter during anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG