Maoists damage school building in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): Suspected Maoists blew up two newly constructed rooms of a high school at Kurumgarh village in Gumla district in the wee hours on Wednesday, the police said here.
The rebels packed explosives in the two rooms of the school and triggered the blast around 1 am, the sources said.
Teachers and students, who reached the school, were scared to talk about the incident, sources said.
Going by past records, the Maoists resorted to damaging school buildings whenever security forces took shelter during anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player