Maoists damage school building in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): Suspected Maoists blew up two newly constructed rooms of a high school at Kurumgarh village in Gumla district in the wee hours on Wednesday, the police said here.
The rebels packed explosives in the two rooms of the school and triggered the blast around 1 am, the sources said.
Teachers and students, who reached the school, were scared to talk about the incident, sources said.
Going by past records, the Maoists resorted to damaging school buildings whenever security forces took shelter during anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery