Maoists damage school building in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): Suspected Maoists blew up two newly constructed rooms of a high school at Kurumgarh village in Gumla district in the wee hours on Wednesday, the police said here.
The rebels packed explosives in the two rooms of the school and triggered the blast around 1 am, the sources said.
Teachers and students, who reached the school, were scared to talk about the incident, sources said.
Going by past records, the Maoists resorted to damaging school buildings whenever security forces took shelter during anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression