Maoists damage school building in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): Suspected Maoists blew up two newly constructed rooms of a high school at Kurumgarh village in Gumla district in the wee hours on Wednesday, the police said here.
The rebels packed explosives in the two rooms of the school and triggered the blast around 1 am, the sources said.
Teachers and students, who reached the school, were scared to talk about the incident, sources said.
Going by past records, the Maoists resorted to damaging school buildings whenever security forces took shelter during anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Haryana DGP is teaching lessons of violence to common people?
- Why Haryana DGP is teaching lessons of violence to common people? Part II
- DNA : Rising cases of deaths due to floating billboards in India
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show teaches leadership qualities to youths
- DNA: Foxconn replaces '60,000 factory workers with robots'
- Parliament session will not bring rain, says Shah
- Lewis Hamilton wants softer tyres and more fun in Formula One
- Mamata announces grant to state government employees
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm