Maoists fire at police station, man killed
Latehar (Jharkhand): Maoists fired
indiscriminately at a police station in Latehar district in
the wee hours today, leaving a man dead.
The man was sleeping on the roadside around 1.30 am,
when a bullet hit him as Maoists opened gun fire at Balumath
Police Station and a nearby camp of security personnel, Vinay
Kumar Singh, officer-in-charge of the police station, told
The Maoists were forced to retreat after retaliatory
action by the security forces. No casualties have been
reported from either side.
The body of the destitute was recovered this morning.
The rebels also blew up the vacant house of panchayat
member, Rajendra Sahu, around the same time in the area,
Agitated villagers have put up road blockade on NH-99
protesting against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange
- Brent oil pushes above $50 for first time in nearly seven months
- Have undertaken 'maximum' reforms, enormous task ahead: PM Narendra Modi