Maoists fire at police station, man killed
Latehar (Jharkhand): Maoists fired
indiscriminately at a police station in Latehar district in
the wee hours today, leaving a man dead.
The man was sleeping on the roadside around 1.30 am,
when a bullet hit him as Maoists opened gun fire at Balumath
Police Station and a nearby camp of security personnel, Vinay
Kumar Singh, officer-in-charge of the police station, told
The Maoists were forced to retreat after retaliatory
action by the security forces. No casualties have been
reported from either side.
The body of the destitute was recovered this morning.
The rebels also blew up the vacant house of panchayat
member, Rajendra Sahu, around the same time in the area,
Agitated villagers have put up road blockade on NH-99
protesting against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3