Maoists fire at police station, man killed
Latehar (Jharkhand): Maoists fired
indiscriminately at a police station in Latehar district in
the wee hours today, leaving a man dead.
The man was sleeping on the roadside around 1.30 am,
when a bullet hit him as Maoists opened gun fire at Balumath
Police Station and a nearby camp of security personnel, Vinay
Kumar Singh, officer-in-charge of the police station, told
The Maoists were forced to retreat after retaliatory
action by the security forces. No casualties have been
reported from either side.
The body of the destitute was recovered this morning.
The rebels also blew up the vacant house of panchayat
member, Rajendra Sahu, around the same time in the area,
Agitated villagers have put up road blockade on NH-99
protesting against the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE