Maoists go on a day’s hunger strike in jail
Hazaribagh: The Maoists lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail on Monday went on a day’s hunger strike in protest against one of their cadres being rearrested within a week of his release, a jail official said here.
Jail superindent Uday Prasad Kushwaha said 39 Maoists observed the fast in protest against the arrest of another Maoist Shivcharan Manjhi within five days of his release from the Hazaribagh Central Jail.
The district administration and senior police officials were informed about their fast, he said.
Shivcharan Manjhi, who was arrested in 2010 and was lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail, got bail on April 26.
Five days after his release he was again arrested near Konar dam jungle in the Bishnugarh police station area when he was found threatening villagers on some issues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'