Maoists go on a day’s hunger strike in jail
Hazaribagh: The Maoists lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail on Monday went on a day’s hunger strike in protest against one of their cadres being rearrested within a week of his release, a jail official said here.
Jail superindent Uday Prasad Kushwaha said 39 Maoists observed the fast in protest against the arrest of another Maoist Shivcharan Manjhi within five days of his release from the Hazaribagh Central Jail.
The district administration and senior police officials were informed about their fast, he said.
Shivcharan Manjhi, who was arrested in 2010 and was lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail, got bail on April 26.
Five days after his release he was again arrested near Konar dam jungle in the Bishnugarh police station area when he was found threatening villagers on some issues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?