Maoists go on a day’s hunger strike in jail
Hazaribagh: The Maoists lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail on Monday went on a day’s hunger strike in protest against one of their cadres being rearrested within a week of his release, a jail official said here.
Jail superindent Uday Prasad Kushwaha said 39 Maoists observed the fast in protest against the arrest of another Maoist Shivcharan Manjhi within five days of his release from the Hazaribagh Central Jail.
The district administration and senior police officials were informed about their fast, he said.
Shivcharan Manjhi, who was arrested in 2010 and was lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail, got bail on April 26.
Five days after his release he was again arrested near Konar dam jungle in the Bishnugarh police station area when he was found threatening villagers on some issues, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?