Maoists go on a day’s hunger strike in jail
Hazaribagh: The Maoists lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail on Monday went on a day’s hunger strike in protest against one of their cadres being rearrested within a week of his release, a jail official said here.
Jail superindent Uday Prasad Kushwaha said 39 Maoists observed the fast in protest against the arrest of another Maoist Shivcharan Manjhi within five days of his release from the Hazaribagh Central Jail.
The district administration and senior police officials were informed about their fast, he said.
Shivcharan Manjhi, who was arrested in 2010 and was lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail, got bail on April 26.
Five days after his release he was again arrested near Konar dam jungle in the Bishnugarh police station area when he was found threatening villagers on some issues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside