Maoists go on a day’s hunger strike in jail
Hazaribagh: The Maoists lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail on Monday went on a day’s hunger strike in protest against one of their cadres being rearrested within a week of his release, a jail official said here.
Jail superindent Uday Prasad Kushwaha said 39 Maoists observed the fast in protest against the arrest of another Maoist Shivcharan Manjhi within five days of his release from the Hazaribagh Central Jail.
The district administration and senior police officials were informed about their fast, he said.
Shivcharan Manjhi, who was arrested in 2010 and was lodged in Hazaribagh Central Jail, got bail on April 26.
Five days after his release he was again arrested near Konar dam jungle in the Bishnugarh police station area when he was found threatening villagers on some issues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery