Maoists graveyard found in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A graveyard of Maoists with 14 bodies has been found in Jharkhand.
Officials said the graveyard was discovered on a hill top in a forest during a search operation by police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in the jungles bordering Ranchi and Khuti.
"This is the first time police have found a graveyard of Maoists in the state," Jharkhand Director General of Police (DGP) Gauri Shankar Rath told a news agency.
Police sources said 14 bodies of Maoists killed during gun battles were found. The graveyard was found four days ago but police kept it a secret.
Said a police official involved in anti-Maoist operation: "Our (police) claims of killing Maoists in gun battles were not taken seriously by the media. The recovery of the bodies vindicate our claim.
"Bodies of killed Maoists are buried after tributes to them by their comrades," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?