Maoists in J`khand agree to conditional talks
Ranchi: Stating that it would not lay
down arms, banned CPI (Maoist) on Saturday said that it was open to
talks with the Jharkhand government provided the ban over it
was lifted along with the release of its cadres.
The outfit`s self-styled spokesman Gopalji said in a
release, "Stop fake encounters, book policemen responsible for
such encounters and compensate victims. Withdraw para-military
forces from villages."
The release demanded release of Maoist Politburo
members Shushil Ray, Sheela and Amitabh Bagchi and others.
Soon after Soren took over as Chief Minister for the
third time on December 30, he had called on Maoists to abjure
violence and come forward for talks.
Questioning the sincerity of Soren`s offer, the
release said "Can Soren resist pressure by ally BJP and the
Centre to launch attacks against us?"
It said Soren and the Home Secretary had offered talks
while stating that operations against Maoists would continue.
"Which means, the government is offering talks with the might
of the gun."
Referring to the Chief Minister`s meeting with Union
Home minister P Chidambaram on January 28, the release claimed
that Soren was under pressure to step up operations against
Gopalji also demanded that MoUs signed with Jindal
Steel, Arcelor Mittal and Tata Steel be scrapped or reviewed.
He also demanded action against other naxal outfits
like Tritiya Prastuti Samiti and Jharkhand Prastuti Committee
and scrapping of the Village Defence Forces.
The offer came ahead of chief ministers` meeting with
Chidambaram in Kolkata on February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!