Maoists in J`khand agree to conditional talks
Ranchi: Stating that it would not lay
down arms, banned CPI (Maoist) on Saturday said that it was open to
talks with the Jharkhand government provided the ban over it
was lifted along with the release of its cadres.
The outfit`s self-styled spokesman Gopalji said in a
release, "Stop fake encounters, book policemen responsible for
such encounters and compensate victims. Withdraw para-military
forces from villages."
The release demanded release of Maoist Politburo
members Shushil Ray, Sheela and Amitabh Bagchi and others.
Soon after Soren took over as Chief Minister for the
third time on December 30, he had called on Maoists to abjure
violence and come forward for talks.
Questioning the sincerity of Soren`s offer, the
release said "Can Soren resist pressure by ally BJP and the
Centre to launch attacks against us?"
It said Soren and the Home Secretary had offered talks
while stating that operations against Maoists would continue.
"Which means, the government is offering talks with the might
of the gun."
Referring to the Chief Minister`s meeting with Union
Home minister P Chidambaram on January 28, the release claimed
that Soren was under pressure to step up operations against
Gopalji also demanded that MoUs signed with Jindal
Steel, Arcelor Mittal and Tata Steel be scrapped or reviewed.
He also demanded action against other naxal outfits
like Tritiya Prastuti Samiti and Jharkhand Prastuti Committee
and scrapping of the Village Defence Forces.
The offer came ahead of chief ministers` meeting with
Chidambaram in Kolkata on February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'