Maoists kill father, son in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Maoists on Monday killed a man and his son over land dispute in Jharkhand`s Gumla district, police said.
About 20 rebels of the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) raided Agra village, around 130 km from Ranchi, and dragged Budhua Oraon and his son Anil Oraon out of their house. The Maoists then killed them, a police official said.
Land dispute is the reason behind the killings, the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre