Maoists kill man at "kangaroo court"
Giridih: Members of the CPI (Maoist) severed the head and legs of a man who was given
"death sentence" by a "kangaroo court" in the Naxal-infested Giridih district, police said on Friday.
The Maoists claimed responsibility for the incident and pasted a poster on the distorted body stating that the man was killed after being branded as a supporter of the "reactionary
forces at a jan adalat" staged by the guerrillas yesterday at Beluaghati, they added.
The state government had recently said it is keeping a strict watch on "kangaroo courts" held by the Naxalites.
The ultras have perpetrated several crimes at Beluaghati, including massacre of over twenty people about five years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon