Maoists kill man at "kangaroo court"
Giridih: Members of the CPI (Maoist) severed the head and legs of a man who was given
"death sentence" by a "kangaroo court" in the Naxal-infested Giridih district, police said on Friday.
The Maoists claimed responsibility for the incident and pasted a poster on the distorted body stating that the man was killed after being branded as a supporter of the "reactionary
forces at a jan adalat" staged by the guerrillas yesterday at Beluaghati, they added.
The state government had recently said it is keeping a strict watch on "kangaroo courts" held by the Naxalites.
The ultras have perpetrated several crimes at Beluaghati, including massacre of over twenty people about five years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love