Maoists kill man at "kangaroo court"
Giridih: Members of the CPI (Maoist) severed the head and legs of a man who was given
"death sentence" by a "kangaroo court" in the Naxal-infested Giridih district, police said on Friday.
The Maoists claimed responsibility for the incident and pasted a poster on the distorted body stating that the man was killed after being branded as a supporter of the "reactionary
forces at a jan adalat" staged by the guerrillas yesterday at Beluaghati, they added.
The state government had recently said it is keeping a strict watch on "kangaroo courts" held by the Naxalites.
The ultras have perpetrated several crimes at Beluaghati, including massacre of over twenty people about five years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it