Maoists kill man at "kangaroo court"
Giridih: Members of the CPI (Maoist) severed the head and legs of a man who was given
"death sentence" by a "kangaroo court" in the Naxal-infested Giridih district, police said on Friday.
The Maoists claimed responsibility for the incident and pasted a poster on the distorted body stating that the man was killed after being branded as a supporter of the "reactionary
forces at a jan adalat" staged by the guerrillas yesterday at Beluaghati, they added.
The state government had recently said it is keeping a strict watch on "kangaroo courts" held by the Naxalites.
The ultras have perpetrated several crimes at Beluaghati, including massacre of over twenty people about five years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE