Maoists kill man at "kangaroo court"
Giridih: Members of the CPI (Maoist) severed the head and legs of a man who was given
"death sentence" by a "kangaroo court" in the Naxal-infested Giridih district, police said on Friday.
The Maoists claimed responsibility for the incident and pasted a poster on the distorted body stating that the man was killed after being branded as a supporter of the "reactionary
forces at a jan adalat" staged by the guerrillas yesterday at Beluaghati, they added.
The state government had recently said it is keeping a strict watch on "kangaroo courts" held by the Naxalites.
The ultras have perpetrated several crimes at Beluaghati, including massacre of over twenty people about five years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh