Maoists kill policeman, blow up school in Jharkhand
Ranchi/Chatra: The Maoists on Thursday blew up a
police jeep, killing a policeman and injuring four others at
Jaranga village in Jharkhand`s Khunti district today.
The Inspector-General of Police, V Deshmukh, said the
jeep overturned under the impact of the blast. He ruled
out landmine causing the blast.
All injured have been admitted to a hospital in Ranchi.
The Maoists also blew up a middle school, Anant Madhya
Vidyala, at Pratappur in Chatra district last night after
placing dynamite in the rooms.
The school was one of a cluster where voting was to take
place on December 18 for the Assembly polls, the police said.
This was the fourth school in three days to have been
blown up by the Maoists in Jharkhand. On Tuesday they had
demolished two schools in Palamau district and one in Giridih
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days