Maoists kill two villagers in Jharkhand
Gumla: Maoists killed two villagers Jharkhand`s Gumla district over suspicions of them being police informers.
According to police officials, a local leader of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), Sanjay Tiger, entered the village and dragged the two villagers out of their homes and shot them.
"After the initial interrogation, we have come to know that a Maoist named Sanjay Tiger of the PLFI group came to the house of one of the villager and dragged him out. He then also brought his relative out of his residence; he hit his wife on the face and then shot the two villagers," he said.
"We are further investigating the matter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?