Maoists kill two villagers in Jharkhand
Gumla: Maoists killed two villagers Jharkhand`s Gumla district over suspicions of them being police informers.
According to police officials, a local leader of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), Sanjay Tiger, entered the village and dragged the two villagers out of their homes and shot them.
"After the initial interrogation, we have come to know that a Maoist named Sanjay Tiger of the PLFI group came to the house of one of the villager and dragged him out. He then also brought his relative out of his residence; he hit his wife on the face and then shot the two villagers," he said.
"We are further investigating the matter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy