Maoists kill two villagers in Jharkhand
Gumla: Maoists killed two villagers Jharkhand`s Gumla district over suspicions of them being police informers.
According to police officials, a local leader of People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), Sanjay Tiger, entered the village and dragged the two villagers out of their homes and shot them.
"After the initial interrogation, we have come to know that a Maoist named Sanjay Tiger of the PLFI group came to the house of one of the villager and dragged him out. He then also brought his relative out of his residence; he hit his wife on the face and then shot the two villagers," he said.
"We are further investigating the matter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened