Maoists looted 10 rifles, ammunition after ambush
Latehar: The Maoists who had
ambushed the convoy of MP and former Jharkhand assembly
speaker Inder Singh Namdhari on Saturday, looted firearms and
ammunition from the dead and injured policemen, the police
said on Sunday.
They took away two SLR and eight Insas rifles, 900
rounds of bullets and a wireless set after triggering an IED
to blow up Namdhari`s escort car carrying police personnel.
While Namdhari escaped unhurt as his car was ahead of
the escort car, ten police personnel and an eight-year-old boy
were killed in the explosion at Ladu More of the district.
All the ten bodies of the police personnel were being
airlifted to Latehar town, the police said.
Meanwhile, former deputy chief minister and Congress
leader Stephen Marandi condemned the attack on Namdhari and
demanded that the Arjun Munda government take political
parties into confidence to go into the reasons of `rise` in
"The state government should take all the political
parties to find a permanent solution to the Maoist problem
which had only increased in the last 11 years after the
Even Santhal Pargana, which was untouched by
the extremists till a few years ago, now has Maoist presence,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!