Maoists plot foiled: Gelatin seized in Jharkhand
Latehar: A large quantity of materials required for making explosives were recovered and a suspected Maoist was arrested in Latehar district Tuesday.
During a checking of vehicles at Chandwa police station area, the police found 25 cylinders, 16 pressure cookers, three bundles of wire and six kg gelatin being ferried by a tempo rickshaw, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters here.
Kumar said the arrested person in this connection was allegedly involved in the January 7 attack on the security forces at Katia in the district.
The rebel confessed that the consignment was being taken to the Maoists for making explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore