Maoists plot foiled: Gelatin seized in Jharkhand
Latehar: A large quantity of materials required for making explosives were recovered and a suspected Maoist was arrested in Latehar district Tuesday.
During a checking of vehicles at Chandwa police station area, the police found 25 cylinders, 16 pressure cookers, three bundles of wire and six kg gelatin being ferried by a tempo rickshaw, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar told reporters here.
Kumar said the arrested person in this connection was allegedly involved in the January 7 attack on the security forces at Katia in the district.
The rebel confessed that the consignment was being taken to the Maoists for making explosives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan