Maoists, policeman killed in encounter
Gumla: A police personnel and two Maoists were killed in an encounter between the two sides in the forests in Gumla district, police said on Thursday.
The encounter took place yesterday and the body of havildar Phalinder Mishra, a resident of Bihar, was recovered during search operations this morning, Inspector General of Police, Rezi Dungdung, told reporters here.
Acting on a tip off that the Maoists had assembled at the spot, a 11-member police team from Chenpur and Raidih police stations rushed there on Wednesday. The Maoists fired
bullets at them following which they retaliated killing two ultras.
The bodies of the ultras were, however, taken away by their colleagues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!