Maoists, policeman killed in encounter
Gumla: A police personnel and two Maoists were killed in an encounter between the two sides in the forests in Gumla district, police said on Thursday.
The encounter took place yesterday and the body of havildar Phalinder Mishra, a resident of Bihar, was recovered during search operations this morning, Inspector General of Police, Rezi Dungdung, told reporters here.
Acting on a tip off that the Maoists had assembled at the spot, a 11-member police team from Chenpur and Raidih police stations rushed there on Wednesday. The Maoists fired
bullets at them following which they retaliated killing two ultras.
The bodies of the ultras were, however, taken away by their colleagues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State claims fatal stabbing of Bangladeshi Hindu: SITE
- New Zealand coach Mike Hesson extends contract until 2019
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash—Here's proof
- Six Indian students bag awards at prestigious Intel Science Fair in US
- Arvind Kejriwal meets Delhi rape victim at AIIMS, raises statehood issue