Maoists, policeman killed in encounter
Gumla: A police personnel and two Maoists were killed in an encounter between the two sides in the forests in Gumla district, police said on Thursday.
The encounter took place yesterday and the body of havildar Phalinder Mishra, a resident of Bihar, was recovered during search operations this morning, Inspector General of Police, Rezi Dungdung, told reporters here.
Acting on a tip off that the Maoists had assembled at the spot, a 11-member police team from Chenpur and Raidih police stations rushed there on Wednesday. The Maoists fired
bullets at them following which they retaliated killing two ultras.
The bodies of the ultras were, however, taken away by their colleagues, he said.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord