Maoists release abducted Jharkhand official
Ranchi: The Maoists on Thursday released an official they abducted from Jharkhand`s Latehar district a day earlier, police said.
According to police, the rebels abducted seven officials from Pagar village, around 145 km from Ranchi. Six were released Wednesday evening but an official of the food and supply department, MO Kesar Murmu, was taken to a jungle and was freed only Thursday morning from Kurund jungle.
The rebels abducted Murmu for allegedly indulging in black marketing of foodgrain, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis