Maoists release abducted Jharkhand official
Ranchi: The Maoists on Thursday released an official they abducted from Jharkhand`s Latehar district a day earlier, police said.
According to police, the rebels abducted seven officials from Pagar village, around 145 km from Ranchi. Six were released Wednesday evening but an official of the food and supply department, MO Kesar Murmu, was taken to a jungle and was freed only Thursday morning from Kurund jungle.
The rebels abducted Murmu for allegedly indulging in black marketing of foodgrain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you