Maoists release abducted Jharkhand official
Ranchi: The Maoists on Thursday released an official they abducted from Jharkhand`s Latehar district a day earlier, police said.
According to police, the rebels abducted seven officials from Pagar village, around 145 km from Ranchi. Six were released Wednesday evening but an official of the food and supply department, MO Kesar Murmu, was taken to a jungle and was freed only Thursday morning from Kurund jungle.
The rebels abducted Murmu for allegedly indulging in black marketing of foodgrain, police said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on