Maoists release abducted Jharkhand official
Ranchi: The Maoists on Thursday released an official they abducted from Jharkhand`s Latehar district a day earlier, police said.
According to police, the rebels abducted seven officials from Pagar village, around 145 km from Ranchi. Six were released Wednesday evening but an official of the food and supply department, MO Kesar Murmu, was taken to a jungle and was freed only Thursday morning from Kurund jungle.
The rebels abducted Murmu for allegedly indulging in black marketing of foodgrain, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore