Maoists retreat under CRPF pressure in Saranda
Chaibasa: Prompt action by para-military personnel forced the Maoists flee deep into Jharkhand`s Saranda forests on Saturday, the police said here.
On a long range patrolling since the May 24 left-wing attack on the Congress convoy in neighbouring Chhatisgarh, the CRPF men quickly took positions after the Maoists opened fire on them near Baliba in West Singhbhum district.
After a brief gun fight the Maoists fled into the forests.
Security has been tightened in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him