Maoists, security forces exchange fire
Jamshedpur: An exchange of fire took place between security personnel and Maoists at Patung in Maoist-hit West Singhbhum district Friday evening.
"The encounter lasted for over an hour when firing from
both sides took place intermittently," Superintendent of
Police Arun Kumar Singh said.
Singh said no loss of life was reported in the encounter
as security personnel launched a combing operation soon after
The incident took place after the rebels opened fire on
security personnel, who were on long-range patrolling in the
Maoist-dominated pockets, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH