Maoists shoot at two, blast building in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Maoist guerrillas shot at two people, torched a vehicle and blasted a school building at two places in Jharkhand, police said Saturday.
Police said the Maoists injured two people by shooting at them in Khuti district`s Marangdih village Friday night. They also set a vehicle on fire in the same village.
In another incident, Maoists blasted a school building at Khukra village of Giridih district, 160 Km from Ranchi, late Friday.
Police recovered Maoist pamphlets from the spot, while the ultras said the security forces may have used the school building for living in during the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH