Maoists shoot at two, blast building in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Maoist guerrillas shot at two people, torched a vehicle and blasted a school building at two places in Jharkhand, police said Saturday.
Police said the Maoists injured two people by shooting at them in Khuti district`s Marangdih village Friday night. They also set a vehicle on fire in the same village.
In another incident, Maoists blasted a school building at Khukra village of Giridih district, 160 Km from Ranchi, late Friday.
Police recovered Maoist pamphlets from the spot, while the ultras said the security forces may have used the school building for living in during the Lok Sabha polls.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi