Maoists shoot at two, blast building in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Maoist guerrillas shot at two people, torched a vehicle and blasted a school building at two places in Jharkhand, police said Saturday.
Police said the Maoists injured two people by shooting at them in Khuti district`s Marangdih village Friday night. They also set a vehicle on fire in the same village.
In another incident, Maoists blasted a school building at Khukra village of Giridih district, 160 Km from Ranchi, late Friday.
Police recovered Maoist pamphlets from the spot, while the ultras said the security forces may have used the school building for living in during the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open