Maoists shoot dead six villagers in Jharkhand
Khunti: Maoists brutally killed six villagers in Jharkhand`s Khunti district.
The incident took place in Maoist hotbed Murhu Block on Wednesday.
According to locals, Maoists attacked a group of people late in the night and shot dead six.
Birsa Munda, a local, said that as he came out of his house early in the morning, he saw six bodies lying on the ground with few scattered papers reading Maoist warning.
"We heard the sound of bullet firing around 1:00 am, but we didn`t come out. Later in the morning, we saw these dead bodies here," said Munda.
According to the reports, the dead are allegedly members of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), a breakaway faction of the Maoists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed