Maoists shoot dead two `deserters` in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Two men, who quit the ranks of the CPI (Maoist) recently, were shot dead by the ultras in Garhwa district, police said on Friday.
A group of rebels dragged Jokhan Kharwar out of his house at Kasmar village in Ramkanda block and gunned him down last night, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sarwan Kumar told reporters here.
In another incident, the Maoists shot dead Ashok Thakur at Chinia, he said.
"Kharwar and Thakur were members of separate firing squads of the CPI (Maoist) and recently broke away from them," the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray