Maoists shoot dead two `deserters` in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Two men, who quit the ranks of the CPI (Maoist) recently, were shot dead by the ultras in Garhwa district, police said on Friday.
A group of rebels dragged Jokhan Kharwar out of his house at Kasmar village in Ramkanda block and gunned him down last night, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sarwan Kumar told reporters here.
In another incident, the Maoists shot dead Ashok Thakur at Chinia, he said.
"Kharwar and Thakur were members of separate firing squads of the CPI (Maoist) and recently broke away from them," the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack