Maoists shoot dead two `deserters` in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Two men, who quit the ranks of the CPI (Maoist) recently, were shot dead by the ultras in Garhwa district, police said on Friday.
A group of rebels dragged Jokhan Kharwar out of his house at Kasmar village in Ramkanda block and gunned him down last night, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sarwan Kumar told reporters here.
In another incident, the Maoists shot dead Ashok Thakur at Chinia, he said.
"Kharwar and Thakur were members of separate firing squads of the CPI (Maoist) and recently broke away from them," the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip