Maoists shoot dead two `deserters` in Jharkhand
Garhwa: Two men, who quit the ranks of the CPI (Maoist) recently, were shot dead by the ultras in Garhwa district, police said on Friday.
A group of rebels dragged Jokhan Kharwar out of his house at Kasmar village in Ramkanda block and gunned him down last night, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sarwan Kumar told reporters here.
In another incident, the Maoists shot dead Ashok Thakur at Chinia, he said.
"Kharwar and Thakur were members of separate firing squads of the CPI (Maoist) and recently broke away from them," the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming