Maoists stop goods train for 6 hours in Jharkhand
Latehar: Maoists stopped a goods train at Hehegara in Latehar district, disrupting train services in the wee hours, police said on Saturday.
Some trains, including Ranchi-Banaras Inter-city Express, were held up at various stations following the incident, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said here.
After getting information, the security forces rushed to the spot, but the Maoists had left the place, he said. The train services were restored later.
The Maoists had blasted the tracks and destroyed the building at the Hehegara Railway Station during their 24-hour Jharkhand bandh last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'