Maoists stop goods train for 6 hours in Jharkhand
Latehar: Maoists stopped a goods train at Hehegara in Latehar district, disrupting train services in the wee hours, police said on Saturday.
Some trains, including Ranchi-Banaras Inter-city Express, were held up at various stations following the incident, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said here.
After getting information, the security forces rushed to the spot, but the Maoists had left the place, he said. The train services were restored later.
The Maoists had blasted the tracks and destroyed the building at the Hehegara Railway Station during their 24-hour Jharkhand bandh last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official