Maoists stop goods train for 6 hours in Jharkhand
Latehar: Maoists stopped a goods train at Hehegara in Latehar district, disrupting train services in the wee hours, police said on Saturday.
Some trains, including Ranchi-Banaras Inter-city Express, were held up at various stations following the incident, Superintendent of Police Kranti Kumar said here.
After getting information, the security forces rushed to the spot, but the Maoists had left the place, he said. The train services were restored later.
The Maoists had blasted the tracks and destroyed the building at the Hehegara Railway Station during their 24-hour Jharkhand bandh last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras