Maoists target CCL project site, two killed
Chatra (Jharkhand): Two Maoists were killed
and a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel was
injured in an encounter in naxal-hit Chatra district in the
early hours today, a senior police official said.
Around 50 Maoists attacked Central Coal Field project
site under Piparwar police station at midnight and torched
three dumpers and a pay-loader belonging to the construction
company and fired at CISF personnel on duty, Chatra
Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said.
The CISF swung into action and retaliated the firing,
forcing the ultras to make a hasty retreat, he said.
One CISF personnel was injured in the incident, he said.
The ultras attacked the Piparwar police station while
retrieving, leading to an encounter with the policemen on
duty, Birtheray said adding two Maoists were killed in the
encounter that lasted between 12 midnight to 3 AM.
Expressing possibility of more casuality, the
superintendent of police, who was camping at the spot and
launched a massive combing operation to track down the ultras
involved, said both the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley