Maoists target CCL project site, two killed
Chatra (Jharkhand): Two Maoists were killed
and a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel was
injured in an encounter in naxal-hit Chatra district in the
early hours today, a senior police official said.
Around 50 Maoists attacked Central Coal Field project
site under Piparwar police station at midnight and torched
three dumpers and a pay-loader belonging to the construction
company and fired at CISF personnel on duty, Chatra
Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said.
The CISF swung into action and retaliated the firing,
forcing the ultras to make a hasty retreat, he said.
One CISF personnel was injured in the incident, he said.
The ultras attacked the Piparwar police station while
retrieving, leading to an encounter with the policemen on
duty, Birtheray said adding two Maoists were killed in the
encounter that lasted between 12 midnight to 3 AM.
Expressing possibility of more casuality, the
superintendent of police, who was camping at the spot and
launched a massive combing operation to track down the ultras
involved, said both the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical