Maoists target CCL project site, two killed
Chatra (Jharkhand): Two Maoists were killed
and a Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel was
injured in an encounter in naxal-hit Chatra district in the
early hours today, a senior police official said.
Around 50 Maoists attacked Central Coal Field project
site under Piparwar police station at midnight and torched
three dumpers and a pay-loader belonging to the construction
company and fired at CISF personnel on duty, Chatra
Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said.
The CISF swung into action and retaliated the firing,
forcing the ultras to make a hasty retreat, he said.
One CISF personnel was injured in the incident, he said.
The ultras attacked the Piparwar police station while
retrieving, leading to an encounter with the policemen on
duty, Birtheray said adding two Maoists were killed in the
encounter that lasted between 12 midnight to 3 AM.
Expressing possibility of more casuality, the
superintendent of police, who was camping at the spot and
launched a massive combing operation to track down the ultras
involved, said both the bodies have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report