Maoists torch 18 vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Maoist guerrillas set 18 vehicles of a private company on fire in Jharkhand`s West Singhbum district, police said on Monday.
The firm was executing a project work for the railways.
According to police, around 60 to 70 Maoist guerrillas raided a camp site of the private firm at Mahadeosaal village, within the Goelkera police station limits in West Singhbhum, around 160 km from Ranchi, on Sunday night.
The guerrillas asked staff of the company to turn off all mobile phones, and set the vehicles on fire before escaping.
A combing operation has been launched to nab the attackers.
There were no reports of injuries in this incident.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur