Maoists torch bus in Palamau
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Maoists on Friday set a bus on fire after evicting passengers on Panki-Ranchi road in Palamau district, the police said here.
About 30 armed rebels lined across the road under Panki police station stopped the bus and asked all the passengers, including the vehicle driver and conductor, to disembark before setting it on fire, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajendra Rai said.
Raids have been launched to nab the Maoists, who according to eyewitnesses headed towards Chatra district.
The passengers, left untouched by the Maoists, latter took separate mode of transport to reach to their destinations, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back