Maoists torch bus in Palamau
Medininagar (Jharkhand): Maoists on Friday set a bus on fire after evicting passengers on Panki-Ranchi road in Palamau district, the police said here.
About 30 armed rebels lined across the road under Panki police station stopped the bus and asked all the passengers, including the vehicle driver and conductor, to disembark before setting it on fire, Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajendra Rai said.
Raids have been launched to nab the Maoists, who according to eyewitnesses headed towards Chatra district.
The passengers, left untouched by the Maoists, latter took separate mode of transport to reach to their destinations, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption