Maoists torch eight vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoist guerrillas torched eight vehicles of a private company involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Dumka district, police said on Friday.
According to police, 30 to 35 suspected Maoist guerrillas attacked the office of the private company on Thursday night and torched eight vehicles including dumpers and tractors.
The guerrillas escaped after torching the vehicles.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place near Jamni village of Dumka district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India