Maoists torch eight vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoist guerrillas torched eight vehicles of a private company involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Dumka district, police said on Friday.
According to police, 30 to 35 suspected Maoist guerrillas attacked the office of the private company on Thursday night and torched eight vehicles including dumpers and tractors.
The guerrillas escaped after torching the vehicles.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place near Jamni village of Dumka district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days