Maoists torch eight vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoist guerrillas torched eight vehicles of a private company involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Dumka district, police said on Friday.
According to police, 30 to 35 suspected Maoist guerrillas attacked the office of the private company on Thursday night and torched eight vehicles including dumpers and tractors.
The guerrillas escaped after torching the vehicles.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place near Jamni village of Dumka district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional