Maoists torch eight vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoist guerrillas torched eight vehicles of a private company involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Dumka district, police said on Friday.
According to police, 30 to 35 suspected Maoist guerrillas attacked the office of the private company on Thursday night and torched eight vehicles including dumpers and tractors.
The guerrillas escaped after torching the vehicles.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place near Jamni village of Dumka district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20