Maoists torch eight vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoist guerrillas torched eight vehicles of a private company involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Dumka district, police said on Friday.
According to police, 30 to 35 suspected Maoist guerrillas attacked the office of the private company on Thursday night and torched eight vehicles including dumpers and tractors.
The guerrillas escaped after torching the vehicles.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place near Jamni village of Dumka district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state