Maoists torch eight vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Suspected Maoist guerrillas torched eight vehicles of a private company involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s Dumka district, police said on Friday.
According to police, 30 to 35 suspected Maoist guerrillas attacked the office of the private company on Thursday night and torched eight vehicles including dumpers and tractors.
The guerrillas escaped after torching the vehicles.
No one was injured in the incident, which took place near Jamni village of Dumka district, around 350 km from Ranchi.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of state`s 24 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Violence in J&K, North East affecting 'local' tourism: Mahesh Sharma
- VIDEO! Watch Chris Woakes hit Mohammad Amir for a 'Sehwag-esque' uppercut six
- Study to assess time spent by teachers in non-teaching work
- Denims style guide for men, women
- Hyderabad police mulls ''designated driver'' concept to check drunken driving