Maoists torch road construction vehicles
Jamshedpur: Suspected Maoists allegedly set ablaze six vehicles engaged in road
construction at Ghatsila in Jharkhand, the police said on Sunday.
"Maoist guerrillas set fire to earth moving vehicles, dumpers and other equipments at the construction site near Bhadua village, bordering West Bengal late last night," Superintendent of Police (Rural) SK Kujjur said.
The vehicles belonging to a Ranchi-based construction company was engaged making roads in the village.
Demand for extortion by Maoists has been suspected to be the cause of arson, Kujjur said.
No labourer was harmed in the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling