Maoists torch road construction vehicles
Jamshedpur: Suspected Maoists allegedly set ablaze six vehicles engaged in road
construction at Ghatsila in Jharkhand, the police said on Sunday.
"Maoist guerrillas set fire to earth moving vehicles, dumpers and other equipments at the construction site near Bhadua village, bordering West Bengal late last night," Superintendent of Police (Rural) SK Kujjur said.
The vehicles belonging to a Ranchi-based construction company was engaged making roads in the village.
Demand for extortion by Maoists has been suspected to be the cause of arson, Kujjur said.
No labourer was harmed in the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi