Maoists torch road construction vehicles
Jamshedpur: Suspected Maoists allegedly set ablaze six vehicles engaged in road
construction at Ghatsila in Jharkhand, the police said on Sunday.
"Maoist guerrillas set fire to earth moving vehicles, dumpers and other equipments at the construction site near Bhadua village, bordering West Bengal late last night," Superintendent of Police (Rural) SK Kujjur said.
The vehicles belonging to a Ranchi-based construction company was engaged making roads in the village.
Demand for extortion by Maoists has been suspected to be the cause of arson, Kujjur said.
No labourer was harmed in the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border