Maoists torch road construction vehicles
Jamshedpur: Suspected Maoists allegedly set ablaze six vehicles engaged in road
construction at Ghatsila in Jharkhand, the police said on Sunday.
"Maoist guerrillas set fire to earth moving vehicles, dumpers and other equipments at the construction site near Bhadua village, bordering West Bengal late last night," Superintendent of Police (Rural) SK Kujjur said.
The vehicles belonging to a Ranchi-based construction company was engaged making roads in the village.
Demand for extortion by Maoists has been suspected to be the cause of arson, Kujjur said.
No labourer was harmed in the incident, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights