Maoists torch road construction vehicles
Jamshedpur: Suspected Maoists allegedly set ablaze six vehicles engaged in road
construction at Ghatsila in Jharkhand, the police said on Sunday.
"Maoist guerrillas set fire to earth moving vehicles, dumpers and other equipments at the construction site near Bhadua village, bordering West Bengal late last night," Superintendent of Police (Rural) SK Kujjur said.
The vehicles belonging to a Ranchi-based construction company was engaged making roads in the village.
Demand for extortion by Maoists has been suspected to be the cause of arson, Kujjur said.
No labourer was harmed in the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro