Maoists torch vehicles engaged in road construction
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) cadres torched six vehicles engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest in West Singhbhum district, police sources said Monday.
A group of over 30 Maoists arrived at the construction site last night and torched six vehicles including dumpers engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest , Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Kiriburu) Arvind Kumar Singh said.
A massive combing operation has been launched by the security personnel today after the Maoists torched the vehicles engaged in Union Government-sponsored `Saranda Action Plan` in Usraiya under Chotanagar police station in West Singhbhum district.
Security personnel, led by Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj, have launched the anti-naxal operation in the Saranda forest to track down the culprits involved in setting the vehicles on fire, police said.
Saranda Action Plan was meant to carry out rapid development in 56 naxal hit villages in Saranda, Asia?s largest sal forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal