Maoists torch vehicles engaged in road construction
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) cadres torched six vehicles engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest in West Singhbhum district, police sources said Monday.
A group of over 30 Maoists arrived at the construction site last night and torched six vehicles including dumpers engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest , Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Kiriburu) Arvind Kumar Singh said.
A massive combing operation has been launched by the security personnel today after the Maoists torched the vehicles engaged in Union Government-sponsored `Saranda Action Plan` in Usraiya under Chotanagar police station in West Singhbhum district.
Security personnel, led by Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj, have launched the anti-naxal operation in the Saranda forest to track down the culprits involved in setting the vehicles on fire, police said.
Saranda Action Plan was meant to carry out rapid development in 56 naxal hit villages in Saranda, Asia?s largest sal forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH