Maoists torch vehicles engaged in road construction
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) cadres torched six vehicles engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest in West Singhbhum district, police sources said Monday.
A group of over 30 Maoists arrived at the construction site last night and torched six vehicles including dumpers engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest , Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Kiriburu) Arvind Kumar Singh said.
A massive combing operation has been launched by the security personnel today after the Maoists torched the vehicles engaged in Union Government-sponsored `Saranda Action Plan` in Usraiya under Chotanagar police station in West Singhbhum district.
Security personnel, led by Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj, have launched the anti-naxal operation in the Saranda forest to track down the culprits involved in setting the vehicles on fire, police said.
Saranda Action Plan was meant to carry out rapid development in 56 naxal hit villages in Saranda, Asia?s largest sal forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash