Maoists torch vehicles engaged in road construction
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) cadres torched six vehicles engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest in West Singhbhum district, police sources said Monday.
A group of over 30 Maoists arrived at the construction site last night and torched six vehicles including dumpers engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest , Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Kiriburu) Arvind Kumar Singh said.
A massive combing operation has been launched by the security personnel today after the Maoists torched the vehicles engaged in Union Government-sponsored `Saranda Action Plan` in Usraiya under Chotanagar police station in West Singhbhum district.
Security personnel, led by Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj, have launched the anti-naxal operation in the Saranda forest to track down the culprits involved in setting the vehicles on fire, police said.
Saranda Action Plan was meant to carry out rapid development in 56 naxal hit villages in Saranda, Asia?s largest sal forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH