Maoists torch vehicles engaged in road construction
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): CPI (Maoists) cadres torched six vehicles engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest in West Singhbhum district, police sources said Monday.
A group of over 30 Maoists arrived at the construction site last night and torched six vehicles including dumpers engaged in road construction work in Saranda forest , Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Kiriburu) Arvind Kumar Singh said.
A massive combing operation has been launched by the security personnel today after the Maoists torched the vehicles engaged in Union Government-sponsored `Saranda Action Plan` in Usraiya under Chotanagar police station in West Singhbhum district.
Security personnel, led by Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj, have launched the anti-naxal operation in the Saranda forest to track down the culprits involved in setting the vehicles on fire, police said.
Saranda Action Plan was meant to carry out rapid development in 56 naxal hit villages in Saranda, Asia?s largest sal forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers