Maoists trigger landmine blast, close shave for security men
Gaya: In a providential escape, about 50 security personnel had a close shave as Maoists triggered a landmine blast at Dumuria in Bihar`s Gaya district this evening, police said.
The Maoists exploded landmine on road at Salaiya More apparently targeting the forces led by Dumaria police station officer Awadesh Kumar as the personnel were walking on foot for patrolling, the sources said.
The landmine went off soon after the forces walked away from the spot, they said.
The Maoists later escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video