Maoists trigger landmine blast, close shave for security men
Gaya: In a providential escape, about 50 security personnel had a close shave as Maoists triggered a landmine blast at Dumuria in Bihar`s Gaya district this evening, police said.
The Maoists exploded landmine on road at Salaiya More apparently targeting the forces led by Dumaria police station officer Awadesh Kumar as the personnel were walking on foot for patrolling, the sources said.
The landmine went off soon after the forces walked away from the spot, they said.
The Maoists later escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth