Maoists trigger landmine blast, close shave for security men
Gaya: In a providential escape, about 50 security personnel had a close shave as Maoists triggered a landmine blast at Dumuria in Bihar`s Gaya district this evening, police said.
The Maoists exploded landmine on road at Salaiya More apparently targeting the forces led by Dumaria police station officer Awadesh Kumar as the personnel were walking on foot for patrolling, the sources said.
The landmine went off soon after the forces walked away from the spot, they said.
The Maoists later escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000