Marandi asks BJP not to stall Parliament
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) President Babulal Marandi on Sunday asked BJP not to "shy away" from debate in Parliament on coal allotment issue as it had also "equal responsibility" for being the main opposition party since 2004 at the Centre.
"BJP should not shy away from a debate by stalling the House on the coal allotment issue. It has no moral right to demand resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh because the saffron party has also been the main opposition party between 2004 and 2009 and failed to sniff any of the scams," the former Jharkhand Chief Minister said.
Marandi repeated his demand for a probe into the recommendation to the Centre for allotment of 27 coal blocks by the Arjun Munda and Madhu Koda governments between 2004 and 2008 in Jharkhand.
Koda is in judicial custody on various issues including alleged illegal mining during his regime.
"The magnitude of various scams like coal block allotment, spectrum and others reflects improper scam detecting mechanism in the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical