Marandi asks party workers to prepare for mid-term polls
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Sunday called upon JVM party workers to prepare for a mid-term poll claiming that the incumbent BJP-led state coalition government will die a pre-mature death under the weight of "rampant corruption".
Talking to newsmen following a meeting with party workers here, Marandi, president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM), alleged the present government headed by BJP leader Arjum Munda was neck-deep in corruption.
"Rampant corruption was prevailing in the state in all spheres whether it was energy, road, education and mining as the ministers and officials were involved in loot," Marandi alleged.
He said JVM will contest all the parliamentary and assembly seats on its own in the next election and called upon party workers to prepare for it.
All the important portfolios are with the chief minister and his deputies Hemant Soren and Sudesh Mahto, he said, adding 113-km road between Pakur-Sahebgunj was being constructed "without" floating any tender.
"I am confident that if a proper enquiry is taken, all the members in the state cabinet will be behind bars on corruption charges," Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer