Marandi asks party workers to prepare for mid-term polls
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Sunday called upon JVM party workers to prepare for a mid-term poll claiming that the incumbent BJP-led state coalition government will die a pre-mature death under the weight of "rampant corruption".
Talking to newsmen following a meeting with party workers here, Marandi, president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM), alleged the present government headed by BJP leader Arjum Munda was neck-deep in corruption.
"Rampant corruption was prevailing in the state in all spheres whether it was energy, road, education and mining as the ministers and officials were involved in loot," Marandi alleged.
He said JVM will contest all the parliamentary and assembly seats on its own in the next election and called upon party workers to prepare for it.
All the important portfolios are with the chief minister and his deputies Hemant Soren and Sudesh Mahto, he said, adding 113-km road between Pakur-Sahebgunj was being constructed "without" floating any tender.
"I am confident that if a proper enquiry is taken, all the members in the state cabinet will be behind bars on corruption charges," Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Samajwadi Party party of one family and goons: Amit Shah
- Ranbir Kapoor-Salman Khan to heat up 'chilly' 2017 Christmas
- Jharkhand BJP chief's son accused of sexual exploitation, marrying a minor
- Mark Ruffalo wants full-fledged solo movie on 'Black Widow'
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' will hit silver-screen with songs