Marandi asks party workers to prepare for mid-term polls
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Sunday called upon JVM party workers to prepare for a mid-term poll claiming that the incumbent BJP-led state coalition government will die a pre-mature death under the weight of "rampant corruption".
Talking to newsmen following a meeting with party workers here, Marandi, president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM), alleged the present government headed by BJP leader Arjum Munda was neck-deep in corruption.
"Rampant corruption was prevailing in the state in all spheres whether it was energy, road, education and mining as the ministers and officials were involved in loot," Marandi alleged.
He said JVM will contest all the parliamentary and assembly seats on its own in the next election and called upon party workers to prepare for it.
All the important portfolios are with the chief minister and his deputies Hemant Soren and Sudesh Mahto, he said, adding 113-km road between Pakur-Sahebgunj was being constructed "without" floating any tender.
"I am confident that if a proper enquiry is taken, all the members in the state cabinet will be behind bars on corruption charges," Marandi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents