Marandi asks party workers to prepare for mid-term polls
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi on Sunday called upon JVM party workers to prepare for a mid-term poll claiming that the incumbent BJP-led state coalition government will die a pre-mature death under the weight of "rampant corruption".
Talking to newsmen following a meeting with party workers here, Marandi, president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM), alleged the present government headed by BJP leader Arjum Munda was neck-deep in corruption.
"Rampant corruption was prevailing in the state in all spheres whether it was energy, road, education and mining as the ministers and officials were involved in loot," Marandi alleged.
He said JVM will contest all the parliamentary and assembly seats on its own in the next election and called upon party workers to prepare for it.
All the important portfolios are with the chief minister and his deputies Hemant Soren and Sudesh Mahto, he said, adding 113-km road between Pakur-Sahebgunj was being constructed "without" floating any tender.
"I am confident that if a proper enquiry is taken, all the members in the state cabinet will be behind bars on corruption charges," Marandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'