Marandi asks whether JMM-BJP support anti-Maoist operation
Ranchi: JVM-P Chief Babulal Marandi on Saturday
asked JMM-BJP coalition whether they would support Centre`s
"Operation Green Hunt" to tame Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand,
a day after the ultras killed seven policemen and a civilian
"We would like to ask BJP and JMM, the bigger parties
of the coalition, whether they are ready to support Centre`s
proposal to launch `Operation Green Hunt` to root out
Naxalism," Marandi told a news conference here.
"Being the national party, BJP should clarify its
stand on the operations, he said.
Condemning yesterday`s landmine blast that killed
seven policemen and a civilian in Gumla, the former Chief
Minister alleged law and order in Jharkhand had plunged to a
low as coalition partners were `wrestling for creamy
"Three doctors in Jamshedpur and one trader in Palamau
have been killed recently," Marandi said pointing to
increasing number of criminal activities in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested