Marandi asks whether JMM-BJP support anti-Maoist operation
Ranchi: JVM-P Chief Babulal Marandi on Saturday
asked JMM-BJP coalition whether they would support Centre`s
"Operation Green Hunt" to tame Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand,
a day after the ultras killed seven policemen and a civilian
"We would like to ask BJP and JMM, the bigger parties
of the coalition, whether they are ready to support Centre`s
proposal to launch `Operation Green Hunt` to root out
Naxalism," Marandi told a news conference here.
"Being the national party, BJP should clarify its
stand on the operations, he said.
Condemning yesterday`s landmine blast that killed
seven policemen and a civilian in Gumla, the former Chief
Minister alleged law and order in Jharkhand had plunged to a
low as coalition partners were `wrestling for creamy
"Three doctors in Jamshedpur and one trader in Palamau
have been killed recently," Marandi said pointing to
increasing number of criminal activities in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times