Marandi breaks fast on seventh day
Ranchi: JVM-P chief Babulal Marandi, on a
fast-unto-death since May 1, on Saturday ended his fast after the
`people`s court` organised by his party urged him to do so.
To mark the end of fast on seventh day, Marandi was
given a glass of juice by one of the members of a family which
had lost its house in the anti-encroachment drive at the
Mohrabadi ground here, JVM-P`s Principal General Secretary
Pradip Yadav said.
Marandi sat on hunger strike to demand a special
assembly session to pass a bill that would protect the people
who had already been displaced or were facing the threat of
displacement following recovering government land in the
After the `failure` of the first round talks on
Thursday between the government and the JVM-P delegation, the
JVM-P organised the `people`s court` at Morabadi, which urged
him to end the fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership