Marandi breaks fast on seventh day
Ranchi: JVM-P chief Babulal Marandi, on a
fast-unto-death since May 1, on Saturday ended his fast after the
`people`s court` organised by his party urged him to do so.
To mark the end of fast on seventh day, Marandi was
given a glass of juice by one of the members of a family which
had lost its house in the anti-encroachment drive at the
Mohrabadi ground here, JVM-P`s Principal General Secretary
Pradip Yadav said.
Marandi sat on hunger strike to demand a special
assembly session to pass a bill that would protect the people
who had already been displaced or were facing the threat of
displacement following recovering government land in the
After the `failure` of the first round talks on
Thursday between the government and the JVM-P delegation, the
JVM-P organised the `people`s court` at Morabadi, which urged
him to end the fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani