Marandi breaks fast on seventh day
Ranchi: JVM-P chief Babulal Marandi, on a
fast-unto-death since May 1, on Saturday ended his fast after the
`people`s court` organised by his party urged him to do so.
To mark the end of fast on seventh day, Marandi was
given a glass of juice by one of the members of a family which
had lost its house in the anti-encroachment drive at the
Mohrabadi ground here, JVM-P`s Principal General Secretary
Pradip Yadav said.
Marandi sat on hunger strike to demand a special
assembly session to pass a bill that would protect the people
who had already been displaced or were facing the threat of
displacement following recovering government land in the
After the `failure` of the first round talks on
Thursday between the government and the JVM-P delegation, the
JVM-P organised the `people`s court` at Morabadi, which urged
him to end the fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video