Marandi breaks fast on seventh day
Ranchi: JVM-P chief Babulal Marandi, on a
fast-unto-death since May 1, on Saturday ended his fast after the
`people`s court` organised by his party urged him to do so.
To mark the end of fast on seventh day, Marandi was
given a glass of juice by one of the members of a family which
had lost its house in the anti-encroachment drive at the
Mohrabadi ground here, JVM-P`s Principal General Secretary
Pradip Yadav said.
Marandi sat on hunger strike to demand a special
assembly session to pass a bill that would protect the people
who had already been displaced or were facing the threat of
displacement following recovering government land in the
After the `failure` of the first round talks on
Thursday between the government and the JVM-P delegation, the
JVM-P organised the `people`s court` at Morabadi, which urged
him to end the fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...