Marandi campaigns on foot against petrol hike
Ranchi: In a symbolic day-long protest against petrol hike, former Chief Minister Babulal Marandi and his partymen on Wednesday launched a campaign on foot in support of his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) candidate for the June 12 Hatia Assembly by-election.
"As a mark of protest against petrol price hike, no leader, including Marandi, who is JVM-P chief, used vehicle or motor-cycle and walked across the constituency to woo voters in favour of party candidate Ajay Nath Shahdeo," a party spokesman said.
"Our party demands immediate rollback of petrol price hike," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’