Marandi continues dharna at Pachuwara
Pakur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi is on a dharna demanding a tri-partite agreement with the state government, Panem Coal Mines and the Raj Mahal Pahar Bacchao Samiti to complete all welfare projects promised by the firm.
Marandi, who sat on the dharna on Friday, had said as per the existing bi-party agreement between Panem and the villagers of Pachuwara, the company was supposed to complete all welfare projects at Pachuwara by 2007, "but nothing happened."
Despite requests made by sub-divisional officer and district development officer last night to end his dharna, Marandi said he would end it after getting an assurance from the government that "there will be a tri-partite agreement with the government, Panem and RMPBS representing the villagers."
Marandi has been on the dharna at Pachuwara in Pakur district while villagers put up road blockade in support of Marandi’s demand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India