Marandi continues dharna at Pachuwara
Pakur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi is on a dharna demanding a tri-partite agreement with the state government, Panem Coal Mines and the Raj Mahal Pahar Bacchao Samiti to complete all welfare projects promised by the firm.
Marandi, who sat on the dharna on Friday, had said as per the existing bi-party agreement between Panem and the villagers of Pachuwara, the company was supposed to complete all welfare projects at Pachuwara by 2007, "but nothing happened."
Despite requests made by sub-divisional officer and district development officer last night to end his dharna, Marandi said he would end it after getting an assurance from the government that "there will be a tri-partite agreement with the government, Panem and RMPBS representing the villagers."
Marandi has been on the dharna at Pachuwara in Pakur district while villagers put up road blockade in support of Marandi’s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf