Marandi continues dharna at Pachuwara
Pakur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi is on a dharna demanding a tri-partite agreement with the state government, Panem Coal Mines and the Raj Mahal Pahar Bacchao Samiti to complete all welfare projects promised by the firm.
Marandi, who sat on the dharna on Friday, had said as per the existing bi-party agreement between Panem and the villagers of Pachuwara, the company was supposed to complete all welfare projects at Pachuwara by 2007, "but nothing happened."
Despite requests made by sub-divisional officer and district development officer last night to end his dharna, Marandi said he would end it after getting an assurance from the government that "there will be a tri-partite agreement with the government, Panem and RMPBS representing the villagers."
Marandi has been on the dharna at Pachuwara in Pakur district while villagers put up road blockade in support of Marandi’s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh