Marandi continues dharna at Pachuwara
Pakur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi is on a dharna demanding a tri-partite agreement with the state government, Panem Coal Mines and the Raj Mahal Pahar Bacchao Samiti to complete all welfare projects promised by the firm.
Marandi, who sat on the dharna on Friday, had said as per the existing bi-party agreement between Panem and the villagers of Pachuwara, the company was supposed to complete all welfare projects at Pachuwara by 2007, "but nothing happened."
Despite requests made by sub-divisional officer and district development officer last night to end his dharna, Marandi said he would end it after getting an assurance from the government that "there will be a tri-partite agreement with the government, Panem and RMPBS representing the villagers."
Marandi has been on the dharna at Pachuwara in Pakur district while villagers put up road blockade in support of Marandi’s demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video