Marandi launches Bharat Vikas Morcha in Bihar
Patna: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister and
president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) Babulal Marandi
today launched a new political party the Bharat Vikas Morcha
(BVM) that would contest about 100 seats in the upcoming
Assembly elections in Bihar.
Talking to reporters here Marandi, whose JVM has 11 MLAs
in the 82-member Jharkhand assembly said that (BVM), which was
earlier an a political party had sought the party`s support to
contest the forthcoming assembly elections in the state.
"We (JVM) will return the help extended to the party by
the BVM during the 2009 elections and I and other party
leaders will campaign in favour of BVM candidates in the
upcoming elections," Marandi said and added that the move
was aimed at giving a voice to have nots and rise in revolt
against major political parties who have failed to take up
Marandi criticised the Congress and the NDA dispensations
for "failing" to find out a lasting solution to "Naxalism,
terrorism, criminalisation of politics and communalism" and
said we "the JVM and BVM will rake up these issues that
concern common people."
BVM central convenor, Vijay Kumar Mishra said that the
party would put up its candidate in all the 38 districts of
Bihar and might contest over 100 seats on its own with the
"blessings" of Babulal Marandi.
Marandi charged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar with
indulging in "vote politics" and said instead of making vote
oriented promises, Kumar should have made it clear in the
report card as to how many promises which he had made to the
"poor and simple people" of the state before the last Assembly
elections had been implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan