Marandi re-elected as president; projected JVM`s CM candidate
Hazaribagh: Babulal Marandi was on Sunday re-elected as president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) and the party projected him as its chief ministerial candidate for the next Assembly elections.
"Babulal Marandi was re-elected for a three-year term on the last day of the party`s two-day convention," JVM`s principal general secretary Pradip Yadav told reporters here.
"All other office bearers have also retained their posts as it is vital for the party to contest the coming Lok Sabha and Assembly elections with unity," Yadav said.
In a resolution, he said, the JVM has demanded that all political parties should declare names of their CM candidates to give voters a chance to choose among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'