Marandi re-elected as president; projected JVM`s CM candidate
Hazaribagh: Babulal Marandi was on Sunday re-elected as president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) and the party projected him as its chief ministerial candidate for the next Assembly elections.
"Babulal Marandi was re-elected for a three-year term on the last day of the party`s two-day convention," JVM`s principal general secretary Pradip Yadav told reporters here.
"All other office bearers have also retained their posts as it is vital for the party to contest the coming Lok Sabha and Assembly elections with unity," Yadav said.
In a resolution, he said, the JVM has demanded that all political parties should declare names of their CM candidates to give voters a chance to choose among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY