Marandi re-elected as president; projected JVM`s CM candidate
Hazaribagh: Babulal Marandi was on Sunday re-elected as president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) and the party projected him as its chief ministerial candidate for the next Assembly elections.
"Babulal Marandi was re-elected for a three-year term on the last day of the party`s two-day convention," JVM`s principal general secretary Pradip Yadav told reporters here.
"All other office bearers have also retained their posts as it is vital for the party to contest the coming Lok Sabha and Assembly elections with unity," Yadav said.
In a resolution, he said, the JVM has demanded that all political parties should declare names of their CM candidates to give voters a chance to choose among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says