Marandi re-elected as president; projected JVM`s CM candidate
Hazaribagh: Babulal Marandi was on Sunday re-elected as president of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) and the party projected him as its chief ministerial candidate for the next Assembly elections.
"Babulal Marandi was re-elected for a three-year term on the last day of the party`s two-day convention," JVM`s principal general secretary Pradip Yadav told reporters here.
"All other office bearers have also retained their posts as it is vital for the party to contest the coming Lok Sabha and Assembly elections with unity," Yadav said.
In a resolution, he said, the JVM has demanded that all political parties should declare names of their CM candidates to give voters a chance to choose among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video