Marandi`s agitation enters 10th day
Pakur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi, whose demonstration entered the 10th day Sunday in support of Raj Mahal Pahar Bachao Samiti`s demands, sought to know how many families had been displaced and got compensation in the project of Panem Coal Mines Limited in Pakur district.
"We want a written reply from the government and the company on how many families were displaced, how much compensation they got, how much land was acquired, how many jobs were given to members of the displaced families in the company with their designation and salary structure," Marandi told reporters here.
The former chief minister also sought to know why three primary schools, a high school and a 50-bedded hospital were not set up in the Project area by December, 2007 as per an agreement between the Samiti and the company.
Marandi said he would not end his agitation till all his demands in favour of the Samiti were met.
The Kodarma MP began his dharna on November 16 demanding a tri-partite agreement among the state, the company and the Samiti to implement welfare projects in the project area of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony