Marandi`s agitation enters 10th day
Pakur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi, whose demonstration entered the 10th day on Sunday in support of Raj Mahal Pahar Bachao Samiti`s demands, sought to know how many families had been displaced and got compensation in the project of Panem Coal Mines Limited in Pakur district.
"We want a written reply from the government and the company on how many families were displaced, how much compensation they got, how much land was acquired, how many jobs were given to members of the displaced families in the company with their designation and salary structure," Marandi told reporters here.
The former chief minister also sought to know why three primary schools, a high school and a 50-bedded hospital were not set up in the Project area by December, 2007 as per an agreement between the Samiti and the company.
Marandi said he would not end his agitation till all his demands in favour of the Samiti were met.
The Kodarma MP began his dharna on November 16 demanding a tri-partite agreement among the state, the company and the Samiti to implement welfare projects in the project area of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM