Marandi`s agitation enters 10th day
Pakur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) chief Babulal Marandi, whose demonstration entered the 10th day on Sunday in support of Raj Mahal Pahar Bachao Samiti`s demands, sought to know how many families had been displaced and got compensation in the project of Panem Coal Mines Limited in Pakur district.
"We want a written reply from the government and the company on how many families were displaced, how much compensation they got, how much land was acquired, how many jobs were given to members of the displaced families in the company with their designation and salary structure," Marandi told reporters here.
The former chief minister also sought to know why three primary schools, a high school and a 50-bedded hospital were not set up in the Project area by December, 2007 as per an agreement between the Samiti and the company.
Marandi said he would not end his agitation till all his demands in favour of the Samiti were met.
The Kodarma MP began his dharna on November 16 demanding a tri-partite agreement among the state, the company and the Samiti to implement welfare projects in the project area of the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH