Marandi`s indefinite hunger strike continues
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) president Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike
against anti-encroachment drive entered third day on Tuesday.
Marandi, who began the fast-unto-death on May 1, is
protesting against the ongoing anti-encroachment drive by the
state government without making a proper rehabilitation
package for the affected families.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai called on
Marandi at Mohrabadi ground here.
Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has insisted that
the administration was honouring the high court directive to
remove encroachment in government land.
Four persons had been killed in police firing at
Matkoria in Dhanbad on April 27 while two died at Islam Nagar
in Ranchi on April 5 when protesters opposed bulldozers
flattening their dwellings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac