Marandi`s indefinite hunger strike continues
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric) president Babulal Marandi`s hunger strike
against anti-encroachment drive entered third day on Tuesday.
Marandi, who began the fast-unto-death on May 1, is
protesting against the ongoing anti-encroachment drive by the
state government without making a proper rehabilitation
package for the affected families.
Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai called on
Marandi at Mohrabadi ground here.
Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has insisted that
the administration was honouring the high court directive to
remove encroachment in government land.
Four persons had been killed in police firing at
Matkoria in Dhanbad on April 27 while two died at Islam Nagar
in Ranchi on April 5 when protesters opposed bulldozers
flattening their dwellings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon