MCC MLA announces support to JMM in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Lone Marxist Coordination Committee (MCC) MLA Arup Chatterjee on Monday announced his party`s support to the JMM-led coalition in Jharkhand which is likely to stake claim to form the next government tomorrow.
"Our party has decided to support the Hemant Soren-led coalition," the MLA from Nirsa told PTI soon after meeting chief ministerial hopeful and JMM legislature party leader Hemant Soren here.
"We have requested the JMM to give a place in the coordination committee in the event of being set up after the formation of the government," he said.
Senior JMM leader and former minister Mathura Mahato said, "We have 41 MLAs now, and are expecting another MLA`s support any time to take it to 42. The party is likely to stake claim tomorrow."
In the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly, the magic figure is 42.
Jharkhand Party (Ekka) MLA Enos Ekka said he would extend
support from outside if his party`s 15-point charter of demands was accepted publicly by the JMM.
Sending a proposal to the Centre on laying rail tracks between Gumla-Lohardaga-Simdega-Rourkela, announcement of making Ekka`s Kolibera assembly seat as a sub-division and providing rights to villagers on forest and land are among the major demands.
"If they publicly announce this and give in writing that the demands will be fulfilled, we will extend support from outside," Ekka said.
Independent MLA Geeta Koda said in Ranchi that she was still talking to her supporters before taking a final call on supporting JMM`s initiative in forming the government.
"We have not yet taken a decision. We will tell you later," said Geeta, the wife of former chief minister Madhu Koda who is now in judicial custody on corruption charges.
A Hazaribagh report said Hemant Soren met Independent MLA Harinarain Rai along with the MCC MLA to seek support and party sources claimed Rai has also assured his support.
Independent MLAs Bidesh Singh, Chamra Linda and Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch MLA Bandhu Tirkey have already given their letters of support to the JMM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened