Medicine scam: HC rejects bail petition of ex mini
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday rejected the bail petition of former state health minister Bhanu Pratap Sahi in connection with a medicine scam during the erstwhile Madhu Koda government.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra rejected the bail petition.
The CBI counsel objected to the bail petition, contending the probe into the scam was at a crucial stage and granting bail to him would hamper the investigation.
Sahi, who had surrendered before a special CBI court on August 6 last year and has been in judicial custody since then, is facing charges in purchase of medicine, equipment to the tune of Rs 130 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16