Medicine scam: HC rejects bail petition of ex mini
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday rejected the bail petition of former state health minister Bhanu Pratap Sahi in connection with a medicine scam during the erstwhile Madhu Koda government.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra rejected the bail petition.
The CBI counsel objected to the bail petition, contending the probe into the scam was at a crucial stage and granting bail to him would hamper the investigation.
Sahi, who had surrendered before a special CBI court on August 6 last year and has been in judicial custody since then, is facing charges in purchase of medicine, equipment to the tune of Rs 130 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'