Medicine scam: HC rejects bail petition of ex mini
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court on Monday rejected the bail petition of former state health minister Bhanu Pratap Sahi in connection with a medicine scam during the erstwhile Madhu Koda government.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra rejected the bail petition.
The CBI counsel objected to the bail petition, contending the probe into the scam was at a crucial stage and granting bail to him would hamper the investigation.
Sahi, who had surrendered before a special CBI court on August 6 last year and has been in judicial custody since then, is facing charges in purchase of medicine, equipment to the tune of Rs 130 crore.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley