Minor raped in Jharkhand on panchayat`s diktat
Ranchi: A minor was raped in Jharkhand allegedly on the panchayat`s diktat after her brother was accused of molesting and trying to rape a woman, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Gulgulia Dhora village in Bokaro district, some 160 km from Ranchi.
Police said the girl was raped by a person whose wife was allegedly molested by the girl`s brother, following which the panchayat directed the man to rape her.
The girl`s brother allegedly molested the woman Sunday night and the issue was taken to the village panchayat Monday.
The minor`s mother lodged a complaint and the accused was arrested.
Police are yet to take action against the members of the panchayat who ordered the rape. The brother of the victim has also been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons