Minor raped, local Congress worker held
Raigarh: A local Congress worker has been arrested on charges of raping his minor maid, police said on Saturday.
Arvind Tewari, aged 35, who had unsuccessfully contested civic polls in 2009 as a Congress candidate, had been accused of rape by a 16-year-old girl, Additional Police Commissioner, Raigarh district, Praful Thakur, said.
Tewari was arrested after the medical test of the girl confirmed the criminal assault, he said.
The girl yesterday came to the police station along with her mother and complained that Tewari had raped her 10 days ago when he was alone at home, the police officer said.
She alleged in her complaint that Tewari had threatened to kill her if she tell anyone about the crime and had later again sexually assaulted her.
The Additional Police Commissioner said on the basis of girl`s complaint, police had registered a case against Tewari and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding