Minor raped, local Congress worker held
Raigarh: A local Congress worker has been arrested on charges of raping his minor maid, police said on Saturday.
Arvind Tewari, aged 35, who had unsuccessfully contested civic polls in 2009 as a Congress candidate, had been accused of rape by a 16-year-old girl, Additional Police Commissioner, Raigarh district, Praful Thakur, said.
Tewari was arrested after the medical test of the girl confirmed the criminal assault, he said.
The girl yesterday came to the police station along with her mother and complained that Tewari had raped her 10 days ago when he was alone at home, the police officer said.
She alleged in her complaint that Tewari had threatened to kill her if she tell anyone about the crime and had later again sexually assaulted her.
The Additional Police Commissioner said on the basis of girl`s complaint, police had registered a case against Tewari and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics