Minor raped, local Congress worker held
Raigarh: A local Congress worker has been arrested on charges of raping his minor maid, police said on Saturday.
Arvind Tewari, aged 35, who had unsuccessfully contested civic polls in 2009 as a Congress candidate, had been accused of rape by a 16-year-old girl, Additional Police Commissioner, Raigarh district, Praful Thakur, said.
Tewari was arrested after the medical test of the girl confirmed the criminal assault, he said.
The girl yesterday came to the police station along with her mother and complained that Tewari had raped her 10 days ago when he was alone at home, the police officer said.
She alleged in her complaint that Tewari had threatened to kill her if she tell anyone about the crime and had later again sexually assaulted her.
The Additional Police Commissioner said on the basis of girl`s complaint, police had registered a case against Tewari and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Have you seen Meher Malik's hot belly dance moves on 'Beat Pe Booty'? Watch now!
- Ravichandran Ashwin surpasses Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev in most 'Man of the Series' awards
- Nigerian Air Force says kills top Boko Haram militants, leader believed wounded
- Amar Singh threatens to quit Samajwadi Party over insult by party leaders
- Congress MLAs suspended after Gujarat Assembly ruckus over Dalits