Minor raped, local Congress worker held
Raigarh: A local Congress worker has been arrested on charges of raping his minor maid, police said on Saturday.
Arvind Tewari, aged 35, who had unsuccessfully contested civic polls in 2009 as a Congress candidate, had been accused of rape by a 16-year-old girl, Additional Police Commissioner, Raigarh district, Praful Thakur, said.
Tewari was arrested after the medical test of the girl confirmed the criminal assault, he said.
The girl yesterday came to the police station along with her mother and complained that Tewari had raped her 10 days ago when he was alone at home, the police officer said.
She alleged in her complaint that Tewari had threatened to kill her if she tell anyone about the crime and had later again sexually assaulted her.
The Additional Police Commissioner said on the basis of girl`s complaint, police had registered a case against Tewari and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index