Minor raped, local Congress worker held
Raigarh: A local Congress worker has been arrested on charges of raping his minor maid, police said on Saturday.
Arvind Tewari, aged 35, who had unsuccessfully contested civic polls in 2009 as a Congress candidate, had been accused of rape by a 16-year-old girl, Additional Police Commissioner, Raigarh district, Praful Thakur, said.
Tewari was arrested after the medical test of the girl confirmed the criminal assault, he said.
The girl yesterday came to the police station along with her mother and complained that Tewari had raped her 10 days ago when he was alone at home, the police officer said.
She alleged in her complaint that Tewari had threatened to kill her if she tell anyone about the crime and had later again sexually assaulted her.
The Additional Police Commissioner said on the basis of girl`s complaint, police had registered a case against Tewari and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what