Miscreants` involvement suspected in Doon Exp fire
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
on Tuesday said nothing can be ruled out including the "involvement of miscreants" in the train fire mishap in Howrah-Dehradun Express.
"Let us wait for the inquiry report. Involvement of
miscreants cannot be ruled out at this stage. But I am not
speculating anything. According to the initial report, a
person came with some smelly substance, then smoke came out,"
Trivedi told reporters outside Parliament here.
Seven persons including two children were killed in the
fire in Giridih in Jharkhand. Two AC coaches were gutted in
the fire in the early hours.
Trivedi said, "But I don`t have more details about it.
Inquiry is going on and truth will come out. So nothing can be
ruled out at this stage including the miscreant angle. The
real cause of the fire will be ascertained after the inquiry
Extending his deep condolence to the bereaved families,
he said, "I am really quite hurt with what has happened in the
early hours of this morning."
The Railway Minister, who has also announced ex-gratia of
Rs 5 lakh for the next of kin of those killed in the fire and
Rs 25,000 for the passengers of the two affected coaches,
said, "No compensation for life can be given".
"We have announced Rs 5 lakhs to the next of the kin of
each of the deceased and Rs 25000 to those who were injured
and who were in the coach no BI and B2 as they might have lost
their luggage or might have been injured," he said.
"A thorough inquiry is in place and the actual cause of
the accident will be only known after the Commissioner, Railway
Safety, gives us the report."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?