Miscreants` involvement suspected in Doon Exp fire
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
on Tuesday said nothing can be ruled out including the "involvement of miscreants" in the train fire mishap in Howrah-Dehradun Express.
"Let us wait for the inquiry report. Involvement of
miscreants cannot be ruled out at this stage. But I am not
speculating anything. According to the initial report, a
person came with some smelly substance, then smoke came out,"
Trivedi told reporters outside Parliament here.
Seven persons including two children were killed in the
fire in Giridih in Jharkhand. Two AC coaches were gutted in
the fire in the early hours.
Trivedi said, "But I don`t have more details about it.
Inquiry is going on and truth will come out. So nothing can be
ruled out at this stage including the miscreant angle. The
real cause of the fire will be ascertained after the inquiry
Extending his deep condolence to the bereaved families,
he said, "I am really quite hurt with what has happened in the
early hours of this morning."
The Railway Minister, who has also announced ex-gratia of
Rs 5 lakh for the next of kin of those killed in the fire and
Rs 25,000 for the passengers of the two affected coaches,
said, "No compensation for life can be given".
"We have announced Rs 5 lakhs to the next of the kin of
each of the deceased and Rs 25000 to those who were injured
and who were in the coach no BI and B2 as they might have lost
their luggage or might have been injured," he said.
"A thorough inquiry is in place and the actual cause of
the accident will be only known after the Commissioner, Railway
Safety, gives us the report."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor