MLA admits `punishing` wife-beater in Jharkhand
Bokaro: A JMM legislator on Monday admitted that he had recently "punished" a man who used to beat his wife.
"I had no intention to beat up any person. Only after his wife and mother-in-law approached me and asked to reform Jitendra that I tied him to a tree on Saturday and slapped him before letting him off," JMM`s Dumri legislator Jagannath Mahato said.
"His wife and other members of his family have said he has stopped consuming liquor and did not beat her for the last 48 hours after Saturday`s incident," Mahato added.
Corroborating Mahato`s assertion, Jitendra`s wife said she herself had requested the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA to "rescue" her from her husband, "who sold a car after falling in the company of wrong friends, regularly consumed alcohol and beat her up for more money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you