MLA admits `punishing` wife-beater in Jharkhand
Bokaro: A JMM legislator on Monday admitted that he had recently "punished" a man who used to beat his wife.
"I had no intention to beat up any person. Only after his wife and mother-in-law approached me and asked to reform Jitendra that I tied him to a tree on Saturday and slapped him before letting him off," JMM`s Dumri legislator Jagannath Mahato said.
"His wife and other members of his family have said he has stopped consuming liquor and did not beat her for the last 48 hours after Saturday`s incident," Mahato added.
Corroborating Mahato`s assertion, Jitendra`s wife said she herself had requested the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA to "rescue" her from her husband, "who sold a car after falling in the company of wrong friends, regularly consumed alcohol and beat her up for more money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team