MLA admits `punishing` wife-beater in Jharkhand
Bokaro: A JMM legislator on Monday admitted that he had recently "punished" a man who used to beat his wife.
"I had no intention to beat up any person. Only after his wife and mother-in-law approached me and asked to reform Jitendra that I tied him to a tree on Saturday and slapped him before letting him off," JMM`s Dumri legislator Jagannath Mahato said.
"His wife and other members of his family have said he has stopped consuming liquor and did not beat her for the last 48 hours after Saturday`s incident," Mahato added.
Corroborating Mahato`s assertion, Jitendra`s wife said she herself had requested the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA to "rescue" her from her husband, "who sold a car after falling in the company of wrong friends, regularly consumed alcohol and beat her up for more money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan