MLA admits `punishing` wife-beater in Jharkhand
Bokaro: A JMM legislator on Monday admitted that he had recently "punished" a man who used to beat his wife.
"I had no intention to beat up any person. Only after his wife and mother-in-law approached me and asked to reform Jitendra that I tied him to a tree on Saturday and slapped him before letting him off," JMM`s Dumri legislator Jagannath Mahato said.
"His wife and other members of his family have said he has stopped consuming liquor and did not beat her for the last 48 hours after Saturday`s incident," Mahato added.
Corroborating Mahato`s assertion, Jitendra`s wife said she herself had requested the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA to "rescue" her from her husband, "who sold a car after falling in the company of wrong friends, regularly consumed alcohol and beat her up for more money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport