MLA admits `punishing` wife-beater
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A JMM legislator today admitted that he had recently "punished" a man who used to beat his wife.
"I had no intention to beat up any person. Only after his wife and mother-in-law approached me and asked to reform Jitendra that I tied him to a tree on Saturday and slapped him before letting him off," JMM`s Dumri legislator Jagannath Mahato told reporters here.
"His wife and other members of his family have said he has stopped consuming liquor and did not beat her for the last 48 hours after Saturday`s incident," Mahato added.
Corroborating Mahato`s assertion, Jitendra`s wife said she herself had requested the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA to "rescue" her from her husband, "who sold a car after falling in the company of wrong friends, regularly consumed alcohol and beat her up for more money."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation